Why you should probably stop using antibacterial soap
Good hygiene is essential but just in case you needed any more convincing about the dangers of using antibacterial soap then this article by Joseph Stromberg is a great guide to understanding why they’re not great for our health or for our environment and what the best alternatives are.
Here is a quick outline of the five reasons but I recommend reading the full article below.
- Antibacterial soaps are no more effective than conventional soap and water.
- They have the potential to create antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
- The soaps could act as endocrine disruptors.
- The soaps might lead to other health problems, too.
- Antibacterial soaps are bad for the environment.